Thursday, May 20, 2010

Collection, obsession or...

Or a case of OCD??  About 9 or 10 years ago I had been coveting Fiesta Ware... so when my mother in law asked what I wanted for Christmas I took that opportunity to tell her.

A few weeks later we (Jeff and I) opened a wonderful gift of 8 Fiesta Ware place settings... I was thrilled, hubby was obsessed.   And this is his obsession collection:

The original cobalt blue place settings, plus a few extra.
Serving dishes, mugs, tiny little pie plates, itty bitty fruit bowls,
corn cob plates, a coffee cups... there's more!

Baking dishes and butter holders...

Spoon rests (oh yes, there's more than one), utensil holders,
and I use a ramikin under the pepper mill... but wait!

Espresso mugs with a loop handle and the saucers to match...
Oh yes, for each of the little saucers there is a matching cup.

We started with this little corner unit... there are napkins rings,
tiny creamers of all colors, tea pots and coffee pots, pitchers,
salt and pepper shakers, a spaghetti plate, lidded canisters...

 Gravy boats, espresso cups with sticky outtie handles,
more coffee cups, serving dishes, pitchers, more serving serving
dishes, an egg plate, cream and sugar bowls with a matching drip
plate and even a Fiesta Ware sign that probably was in a shop at
some point.  Oh, but we're not done yet!!  These were just the
cabinets that are in the dining room... 

Here's yet another cabinet in the living room with vases of all sizes,
even little bud vases... more pitchers, and lidded canisters, candle
holders, and books about what?  Fiesta Ware!  I think there's a
vintage Bauer pitcher in there too.  Imposter.

Oh you thought that was it?  Nope... we also have it in miscellaneous
places throughout the house... like:
On top of the secretary desk where I keep my jewelry making supplies.

In the den, not sure why those are sitting there... but there are sugar 
packet holder things, and a couple of tumblers and some small
plates and saucers... along with a Fiesta Ware plate clock.

And last but not least:
In the bathroom.
What else do you use to hold soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes?

So, collection?  Obsession?  Or OCD?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Fiesta Ware is so much fun! Your collection is a lot larger than I expected it would be.
    I was thinking I was bad with my cookie jars, but I think you have me beat. Though your collection is much more functional than mine is. And yours is on display! That's the best part!
    It's awesome that you use them for random things throughout the house (and the studio). There's nothing better than being able to USE what you've taken so long to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally fun... We even have a Fiesta Ware plant pot that I forgot about... you see these things every day and don't realize how much and where it all is... I really had to think about taking the photos because I didn't want to miss anything. :)

    ReplyDelete